Equine, Fine Art, Weddings, Family Portraits, Sports
519-702-2045 * wildermelis@hotmail.com


Thursday, April 19, 2012

Black Beauties (AKA Friesians)

My favorite horse breed other than the Arabian, is the Friesian, and I had the awesome opportunity to photograph a mare and her foal a couple weekends ago :) Thank you to Yris and her family for allowing me to come visit and capture these black beauties!! The foal was only about three days old here in these pictures, but I plan on visiting again soon when they are a little more active and playful to get some more great shots. The Friesian, in my mind, is one of the most elegant and powerful breeds you will find. I absolutely love the thought of owning one of these horses in the future!
I have taken many pictures of many different horses, but never a black horse, and so I have discovered the difficulties that can arise. These very dark black horses, against the bright blue skies are not an easy capture, but on the upside, they make the perfect horse to capture silhouettes of. In any kind of an outdoor photo shoot that I do, overcast weather is the considered the most favorable and in the case of photographing a Friesian outdoors, nothing could be more true!


I felt the need to add some flashy black borders to my photos for this blog post, Enjoy!














No comments:

Post a Comment